Product Technical Specs:
EPDM, Ethylene-Propylene-Diene-Monomer, is well known for its excellent ozone, weathering, and aging resistance. It also has excellent water and steam resistance, maintains its flexibility at low temperatures, features excellent resistance to alkalis, acids, and oxygenated solvents, and is very color stable. It is not recommended for resistance to oil, gasoline, and hydrocarbon solvents. EPDM is found in a wide range of applications and is excellent for use outdoors.
- Ozone – Excellent
- Water Absorption - Excellent
- Sunlight (UV) - Excellent
- Weatherability - Excellent
- Low Temperature – Excellent (Temp. Rating -20 F Degrees to +160 F Degrees)
- Compression Set - Good
Available with two tape adhesive options:
HATS - 3M™ Heat Activated Tape System
"HATS" Heat Activated Tape System. This 3M Acrylic Automotive grade tape creates the ultimate bond between the rubber and the ultimate bond to the substrate you are attaching the rubber too. This tape creates a barrier seal for your application. To ensure the strongest possible bond, this product requires a full 72 hours to complete the curing process between the tape and the substrate that it is being attached to.It will have a low initial tack that allows for easy installation and the ability to reposition the seal. Good heat performance -20F to +158F.
PSA - Standard Pressure Sensitive Adhesive Tape
"PSA" Pressure Sensitive Adhesive This acrylic-based adhesive is creates a bond that allows for easy installation of seal or is perfectly suited for a static application that has little to no movement. Good heat performance -20F to +160F. We highly suggest that application is done in a temperature setting over 60 Degrees Fahrenheit.
- Automobiles (Car door seals, Engine hood seals, trunk seals, etc.)
- Boats (Window seals, Hatch Seals, etc.)
- Recreation Vehicles (RV) (Windows Seals, Door Seals, Slide-Out Seals, etc.)
- Truck Covers
- Windows & Doors
- Garage Doors
- Shaker Screens
- Enclosures (Electrical Enclosures, Electronics Enclosures, Machinery & Equipment Enclosures, Etc.)